Clean up database by deleting orphaned items such as ‘old revisions’, ‘spam comments’, optimize database and more… If you have been using WordPress for a while, then you should think absolutely about a database cleanup. Indeed, your database may be full of garbage that makes your site sluggish and bloated such as old revisions, orphaned post meta, spam comments, etc.....
Clean up database by deleting orphaned items such as ‘old revisions’, ‘spam comments’, optimize database and more…
If you have been using WordPress for a while, then you should think absolutely about a database cleanup. Indeed, your database may be full of garbage that makes your site sluggish and bloated such as old revisions, orphaned post meta, spam comments, etc. You should clean-up this unnecessary data to reduce your database size and improve website speed and performance. In addition, you will have quicker database backup since the file of your backup will be smaller.
‘Advanced Database Cleaner’ is a must-have plugin that allows you to clean database, optimize database and more.
- Delete old revisions of posts and pages
- Delete old auto drafts
- Delete trash posts
- Delete pending comments
- Delete spam comments
- Delete trash comments
- Delete pingbacks
- Delete trackbacks
- Delete orphan post metadata
- Delete orphan comment metadata
- Delete orphan user metadata
- Delete orphan term metadata
- Delete orphan relationships
- Delete expired transients
- Display and view orphaned information before making a database clean-up so you can be sure about what you are going to clean-up
- Search & filter all items based on their names or values
- Keep last x days’ data from being cleaned: clean only data older than the number of days you have specified
- Schedule database clean up to run automatically
- Create as many scheduled cleanup tasks as you need and specify what items should be cleaned by the scheduled task
- Scheduled tasks can be executed based on several frequencies: Once, hourly, twice a day, daily, weekly or monthly
- Display database tables information such as the number of rows, table size, etc.
- Optimize database tables (The plugin will notify you if any tables require optimization)
- Repair corrupted database tables or damaged ones (The plugin will notify you if any tables are corrupted or damaged)
- Schedule database optimization and/or reparation to run automatically and specify what tables should be optimized and/or repaired
- Empty database tables rows
- Clean and delete database tables
- Display options list
- Display options information such as option name, option value, option size, option autoload
- Clean and delete options
- Set options autoload to no / yes
- Display active cron tasks list (scheduled tasks) with their information such as arguments, next run, etc.
- Clean and delete scheduled tasks
- User-friendly and simple to use
- The plugin is compatible with Multisite installations
- Only the main site can view, clean and optimize the whole network. Other sites in the network cannot perform these tasks. We have opted for this philosophy because we are sure that your DB is precious and only the super administrator can perform such actions
- You can clean up all sites from one place (the main site). You can also specify specific sites you want to cleanup
By using the ADC plugin, you will
Get and overview: The plugin will help you get an overview of what is happening in your database. It will report all unused/orphaned items that should be cleaned, it will give you the number of tables/options/tasks you have, etc. This way, you can control your database if anything goes wrong
Save time: You can specify what items should be cleaned/optimized/repaired, what is the number of days’ data to keep and the cleanup/optimization/reparation frequency. The plugin will then automate the process to run automatically based on your settings
Save space: By deleting unused/orphaned items, you will save space in your database and make quicker backups since the file of your backup will be smaller
Pro Features (Official website)
Do you know that even after deleting a plugin/theme from your WordPress website, some of its leftovers may remain in your database? Such as orphan options, orphan tables, and orphan cron tasks. As you may know, not all plugins/themes care about the housekeeping of your WordPress database. As long as you are removing plugins/themes, leftovers will be accumulated in your database and will influence your website performance. The Pro version of Advanced Database Cleaner will help you remove all those leftovers and perform a deep database clean up. In the pro version you can:
- Classify options according to their “creator”. They can be either: plugins options, themes options or WP core options
- Detect and delete orphan options. Your ‘wp_options’ table may be full of orphaned options and therefore can impact the performance of loading data from it, which may lead to a slow website. Clean up orphaned options is then important
- Classify tables according to their “creator”. They can be either: plugins tables, themes tables or WP core tables
- Detect and delete orphan tables. As for options, you may also have some orphaned tables that were created by plugins/themes you are not using anymore. Clean up orphaned tables will decrease the size of your database
- Classify all cron tasks (cron jobs) according to their “creator”. They can be either: plugins cron tasks, themes cron tasks or WP core tasks
- Detect and delete orphan cron jobs. After you uninstall a plugin/theme, some of its cron tasks may still be active making WordPress calling unknown functions. using the pro version, you can detect and clean orphaned tasks
- Search & filter options, filter tables and filter cron tasks based on several criteria such as the “name”, “creator”, “value”, etc.
- Get premium support: we will provide quick support as well as any technical answers to help you clean up your database efficiently
You are welcome to contribute to the plugin translation via the WordPress translation website.
Easy of Use
Quality of Support
Value for Money
Pros & Cons: This is a review from the Editorial staff of WP Hive for test purposes. We are sure the plugin made it with good heart for WordPress users and we want to encourage his/her efforts by the first review.
Overall:The plugin should be working great. Even if it does not, we respect the time and effort. If you are using this plugin - leave a review with more information.