EmbedPress easily connects WordPress to all the web services you use. With EmbedPress, all you need is the URL. Find the URL for your video, image, audio file or map and simply cut-and-paste the URL into a WordPress post. EmbedPress automatically understands the URL and embeds your content. You can embed media from over 75 sites. Here are some of....
EmbedPress easily connects WordPress to all the web services you use.
With EmbedPress, all you need is the URL. Find the URL for your video, image, audio file or map and simply cut-and-paste the URL into a WordPress post. EmbedPress automatically understands the URL and embeds your content. You can embed media from over 75 sites.
Here are some of the most popular sites you can use with EmbedPress:
- Google: You can embed Google Maps, Docs, Forms, Sheets and more.
- Facebook: You can embed Facebook posts and videos to your site.
- Videos: You can quickly embed YouTube, Wistia, Vimeo or Twitch videos.
- Audio: You can embed Spotify, Soundcloud and Mixcloud audio.
- Images: You can embed Imgur, Giphy and Deviantart images, plus others.
YOUTUBE, VIMEO AND WISTIA VIDEOS
The add-ons for EmbedPress give you far more control over your videos. With these add-ons, your videos will be responsive. You can also customize the video display to match your site’s design. Other features include auto-play and looping. Click the links below to get a full listing of all the features the add-ons provide:
- Click here to get more YouTube features
- Click here to get more Vimeo features
- Click here to get more Wistia features
GOOGLE DRIVE: DOCS, SHEETS, DRAWINGS, FORMS, SLIDES, MAPS
Google Drive is an enormously popular service that has replaced Microsoft Office for many companies. Using Google Drives can bring your information to life, whether it’s stored in documents, maps, drawings, spreadsheets, or presentations. EmbedPress supports all of these Google Drive options:
- How to use Google Docs in WordPress
- How to use Google Forms in WordPress
- How to use Google Maps in WordPress
- How to use Google Drawings in WordPress
- How to use Google Sheets in WordPress
- How to use Google Slides in WordPress
FACEBOOK POSTS AND VIDEOS
With EmbedPress, you can add Facebook Posts to WordPress, using just a URL. Facebook post embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different:
- How to use Facebook embeds in WordPress
AUDIO: SPOTIFY, SOUNDCLOUD AND MIXCLOUD
EmbedPress supports all of these major options for audio on your WordPress site:
- How to use Spotify in WordPress
- How to use MixCloud in WordPress
- How to use SoundCloud in WordPress
Here are multiple other audio options supported by EmbedPress:
- How to use Shoudio in WordPress
- How to use HuffDuffer in WordPress
- How to use Chirbit in WordPress
- How to use Clyp in WordPress
- How to use ReverbNation in WordPress
PHOTOS: DEVIANTART, GIPHY, FLICK, IMGUR AND INSTAGRAM
EmbedPress supports most popular image-hosting sites, including Deviantart, Giphy, Imgur, Flick and Instagram:
- How to use Deviantart in WordPress
- How to use Giphy in WordPress
- How to use Flickr in WordPress
- How to use Imgur in WordPress
- How to use Instagram in WordPress
CHARTS AND DIAGRAMS
With EmbedPress, you have a wide variety of options for adding charts and diagrams to your WordPress site. We already saw that EmbedPress supports Google Drawings, but here are 5 more options for charts:
- AmCharts embeds
- Cacoo embeds
- ChartBlocks embeds
- CircuitLab embeds
- Infogram embeds
OTHER VIDEO OPTIONS
We’ve seen that EmbedPress supports YouTube, Wistia and Vimeo, but EmbedPress also supports around 20 more video sources:
- Animoto embeds
- Bambuser embeds
- College Humor embeds
- Coub embeds
- Crowd Ranking embeds
- Cloudup embeds
- Daily Motion embeds
- Dotsub embeds
- Funny or Die embeds
- Hulu embeds
- Kickstarter embeds
- NFB embeds
- RuTube embeds
- Sapo Videos embeds
- TED embeds
- Ustream embeds
- Viddler embeds
- VideoJug embeds
- VideoPress embeds
OTHER SITES SUPPORTED BY EMBEDPRESS
- 23hq embeds (Images)
- Daily Mile embeds (Activity)
- GettyImages embeds (Images)
- Github Gist embeds (Code)
- Issuu embeds (Documents)
- Meetup embeds (Groups, Events)
- MobyPicture embeds (Image)
- PhotoBucket embeds (Images)
- PollDaddy embeds (Polls, Surveys, Quizzes)
- Porfolium embeds (Projects)
- Reddit embeds (Posts, Comments)
- ReleaseWire embeds (Press releases)
- Scribd embeds (Documents)
- ShortNote embeds (Notes in Japanese)
- Sketchfab embeds (Drawings)
- SlideShare embeds (Presentations)
- SmugMug embeds (Images)
- SpeakerDeck embeds (Presentations)
ALSO CHECK OUT THE PUBLISHPRESS PLUGIN
If you like EmbedPress, then consider checking out PublishPress. The PublishPress plugin is essential for any WordPress site with multiple writers.
PublishPress is a plugin with several tools that help your team stay organized:
- Use the Editorial Calendar and Content Overview to get a clear picture of all your planned and published content.
- You can create Comments and Notifications to leave feedback and keep your team in the loop.
- You can add Metadata to give your team extra information about each post.
- Create Custom Statuses so that WordPress matches your team’s workflow.
Visit OSTraining to learn from our WordPress Training and to read our best WordPress blog posts. If you’re interested in a specific WordPress topic, try specific topic areas such as these:
- WordPress Development Classes – learn to build plugins
- WordPress Theme Design Classes – create your first theme
- WordPress eCommerce Classes – set up a WordPress store
Easy of Use
Quality of Support
Value for Money
Pros & Cons: This is a review from the Editorial staff of WP Hive for test purposes. We are sure the plugin made it with good heart for WordPress users and we want to encourage his/her efforts by the first review.
Overall:The plugin should be working great. Even if it does not, we respect the time and effort. If you are using this plugin - leave a review with more information.