7 Best WordPress Email Marketing Plugins in 2023
Saif Hassan February 9, 2022
Building an email list is one of the most important things for an online business. Why? Because email marketing is of the great ways to increase your conversion rate. Also, by having a large email list, you can communicate with your users more conveniently.
But how do you build this valuable list? There are a lot of ways to build an email list but if you are using WordPress, an email marketing plugin automates the entire process of getting subscribers and sending emails to them. It saves you time, energy, and money.
With an email marketing plugin, you can generate leads, segment your contacts, and nurture them into customers – all within WordPress. In this article, we’ll share the best WordPress email marketing plugins for you in 2023.
Before going into depth, let’s recap some basic things.
What is Email Marketing and Why It Matters to You?
Email marketing is a highly effective digital marketing strategy of sending emails to visitors and customers. Effective marketing emails convert normal visitors into customers and turn one-time buyers into loyal customers.
So, you have got a basic idea about email marketing – but maybe you are still wondering why everyone emphasizes email marketing.
There are many reasons you should make email marketing your top marketing priority. The top 3 reasons are:
1. Email is a great communication channel: According to OptinMonster, at least 99% of consumers check their email on a daily basis. The data of Statista reveals that roughly 281 billion emails were sent and received each day in 2018, the figure is expected to increase to over 347.3 billion daily emails in 2023.
2. You own your email list: On any social media platform your post, fans, and followers may be suspended or deleted at any time. But in email marketing, this can never happen. You own your email list and no one can take this away from you.
3. Email marketing has a better ROI: People who buy products marketed through email spend more time than those who do not receive email offers. Email marketing has an ROI of 4400%. The average order value of an email is three times higher than that of social media.
10 Best WordPress Email Marketing Plugins
Let’s look at some of the most popular plugins to see how they can help your business or blog.
HubSpot is an all-in-one marketing plugin that helps businesses grow better. This plugin enables businesses to better attract, engage, and delight customers.
It has some built-in free tools like CRM, email marketing, live chat and chatbots, ad management, reporting, forms, and more.
This plugin has a beautiful drag-and-drop builder and is natively integrated with WordPress. You can send up to 2,000 emails per month for free.
- Organize contacts with details about their business and relationships in HubSpot’s CRM
- Collect leads with a built-in landing page, content marketing, form builder, and website tools
- Followup on contacts with email automation
- Build marketing workflows that help you target leads based on their interactions with your WordPress site
- iOS and Android apps are available for CRM and Sales features
Pros: HubSpot is easy to use and has integrations with 300+ tools. Having all the data on your contact list makes your email marketing personalized and actionable.
Cons: If you need advanced marketing automation, it’s not included in the free plan.
2. MailChimp for WordPress
Mailchimp integrates with other WordPress plugins/features to add list-building functionality to them. You can add a ‘tick to subscribe’ box to comment forms, registration forms, WooCommerce checkout, Easy Digital Downloads checkout, and more.
- Dedicated plugin for use with MailChimp only
- Basic customization options
- Mobile optimized forms
- Integrates statistics from MailChimp into your WordPress dashboard
- Single-click subscribe feature for comments, registration forms and more
Pros: MailChimp is trusted, streamlined, and impeccably supported, and makes email design very easy.
Cons: If you are an advanced user and looking to adjust any of MailChimp’s default settings, the buried data can complicate the process a bit. Also, adding native subscription forms to pages requires some CSS knowledge to understand.
3. weMail – Email Marketing Simplified With WordPress
weMail is one of the newest platforms to send plugins. This is an email marketing plugin that enables the user/users of a WordPress website to send email newsletters with a feature-packed email builder. It connects with email-sending solutions such as Amazon Web Services, MailGun, SparkPost, etc to send emails.
One of the best features of weMail is that it can keep the cost really low by leveraging other email-sending services. With weMail, you can concentrate more on growing subscriber lists and email marketing within the WordPress dashboard.
- Drag-and-drop Editor
- Subscriber Management
- Campaign Reports
- List Segmentation
- Bounce handling
- Advanced tracking and analytics
Pros: weMail supports the most popular form builders like contact 7 form, Gravity, WPForms, Caldera Forms, Ninja Forms, weForms, etc. It has built-in native forms like (Slide Up, Inline, Modal, and Floating Bar) to capture emails. Handy subscriber management system with a large subscriber limit.
Cons: Still early in development.
4. Popups by OptinMonster
OptinMonster is another popular email marketing plugin. Basically, this is a popup tool that enables you to use practically any newsletter provider on your site alongside its own features.
It’s a subscription-based service from the great email marketing service provider OptinMonster. To integrate this service on your WordPress website, you just need to install the plugin.
- Mobile-friendly and retina-ready designs.
- 65+ pre-made templates to choose from.
- Powerful targeting and segmentation engine.
- User-friendly drag-and-drop builder.
- Advanced and actionable analytics option.
- Easily integrate with other websites & eCommerce platforms.
Pros: It allows you to rapidly test multiple versions of your signup form, which is extremely helpful to site scalability. It is also to set up and customize according to your business needs.
Cons: Both the free and ‘Basic’ versions of OptinMonster are reasonably limited. You will need to upgrade to pro packages to get the full benefits of the plugin.
5. MailPoet – emails and newsletters in WordPress
MailPoet is an all-in-one newsletter plugin that helps you to grow your email list. It includes a drag-and-drop email editor, integrates with Google Analytics, and works with WordPress Multisite.
- Designer and responsive templates to choose from.
- Solid reliability.
- Option to send emails with the MailPoet’s sending service.
- Translation Ready.
- Helpful and responsive customer support.
- Automatic Welcome email sending option.
- Easy configuration.
Pros: Responsive email templates, as well as the option to send emails via MailPoet’s own sending service.
Cons: Limited translations are available.
Also Read: MailPoet Review: Features, Performance, Pricing and More
6. OnePress Opt-In Panda
OnePress Opt-In Panda is specifically designed as a content locking plugin. This plugin helps you lock a portion of your content on the website by hiding or shading it and asks visitors to enter their email addresses to unlock the content.
You have also the option to allow your readers to access the premium content by signing into a social network instead of entering their email list.
Opt-In Panda also gives you the option to cut the locked content from a page’s source code.
- 3 different design styles for content lockers
- Supports the most popular email providers
- Saves lead in WordPress so you can export and import it into another email provider at any time
- Subscribe via social networks option
- The content inside the locker can be hidden entirely or blurred out.
Pros: It is extremely developer-friendly, optimized for mobile devices, and loads ultra fast.
Cons: Doesn’t offer the advanced analytical features claimed by some of the other plugins.
Newsletter is another email marketing plugin built specifically for WordPress. This plugin allows you to add a subscription form, segment your leads using multi-list targeting, and send newsletters to share your blog content.
With advanced features integrated within the plugin, you can create unlimited email and campaigns for your users. Not only this but you can add extra features if you wish with their free add-ons!
- Responsive and mobile-friendly form designs.
- Unlimited subscribers and newsletters.
- Translation Ready.
- Integration with the WordPress Registration.
- Free and premium add-ons for a better experience.
- Easy Installation and Usage.
- Helpful and friendly user support.
Pros: Easy-to-customize email templates and subscription widgets. It also offers free extensions for archiving, as well as locking premium content.
Cons: The plugin will utilize your web host to send emails, which can pose potential issues depending on the restrictions of the hosting provider.
Email marketing is highly effective to increase leads and conversions. If you want to share the latest news, promotions, or offers with your customers, then this is the best choice for your online business. With the proper plugin, you can do this easily.
Most of the plugins covered here are industry standard and have great support. All popular email plugins share one important feature – advanced tracking and analytics that are crucial for proper lead segmentation.
HubSpot could be the go-to plugin for any new WordPress user, and that’s okay. weMail is another great new plugin that combines the best of Mailchimp and also keeps the cost minimal.
Consider your budget, and the features you need, and give a few different options a try before deciding.
Product Manager by passion & profession. Lead Product Manager at weDevs, former PM @ Poptin. Passionate about writing & tech. He's an advocate of Human-Centered Design and believes that websites and the tools used to build them should be well crafted, intuitive, and accessible. Cyclist. Reader. A WordPress ninja 🥷, HCI expert & a design thinker 💡
2 replies on “7 Best WordPress Email Marketing Plugins in 2023”
I value this blog. It is quite informative and filled with data.
Thank you for your appreciation.